On 1/11/2011 2:42 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
Ary Borenszweig wrote:
Why care where they come from? Why not make them intuitive? Say, like,
"Always
camel case"?

Because people are used to those names due to their wide use. It's the
same reason that we still use Qwerty keyboards.

I disagree strongly with this. I remember function names phonetically in my head. I don't want to have to remember which language it came from in order to know what the casing should be. And these function names aren't nearly standardized as a qwerty keyboard. And besides, D makes much more radical departures from languages in other areas (which is usually a good thing).

Php is already ridiculed for its library having no internal consistency. I don't want the same thing to happen to phobos.