> Didn't look at your code exactly, but from reading this discussion, what you
have implemented is basically a memory pool ;)

Huh, interesting... I didn't think about it that way, but in a way, that's true.
:) I just thought of it as some tree representation that did not use pointers.

> Yes it's possible, and dcollections does this.  in our discussions on bringing
dcollections' red black tree to std.container, I asked if my custom allocator
that
uses an array for storage should be ported or not, and we decided to defer
custom
allocation until later.  I fully expect that a custom allocation scheme will be
introduced at some point in std.container.

Oh cool! So long as it's on the (probably very long!) to-do list, that's great.
Thanks for letting me know. :]

(By the way, if I happen to find enough time to modify the current version to
allow for a custom allocator, would that be potentially of any use?)