On Monday 17 January 2011 15:13:42 spir wrote:
> See range bug evoked above. opApply is the only workaround AFAIK.
> Also, ranges cannot yet provide indexed iteration like
>       foreach(i, char ; text) {...}

While it would be nice at times to be able to have an index with foreach when
using ranges, I would point out that it's trivial to just declare a variable
which you increment each iteration, so it's easy to get an index even when
using
foreach with ranges. Certainly, I wouldn't consider the lack of index with
foreach and ranges a good reason to use opApply instead of ranges. There may be
other reasons which make it worthwhile, but it's so trivial to get an index
that
the loss of range abilities (particularly the ability to use such ranges with
std.algorithm) dwarfs it in importance.

- Jonathan M Davis