Walter:

> Large Java programs (as related to me by corporate Java programmers) tend to
> be
> excessively complex because the language is too simple.

I agree, the original Java was too much simple, the lack of things like
generics and delegates increases code complexity and size.
But I think that too much flexibility too is dangerous for large projects, as
the article says. So I presume for large commercial systems some intermediate
point is the optimum. I think C# is very well on this middle point :-) (C# and
D purposes are not the same, so I don't expect D and C# to be equal).

Bye,
bearophile