On 1/18/11 4:32 AM, Trass3r wrote:
Then I would expect the library vendor provides either a pre-compiled
binary library

As soon as you provide templates in your library this isn't sufficient anymore.

or the means to readily generate same -- whether that
means a Makefile, a script, or what have you.

We must avoid having the same disastrous situation like C/C++ where everyone
uses
a different system, CMake, make, scons, blabla. Makefiles aren't portable (imo
stuff like msys is no solution, it's a hack) and especially for small or
medium-sized projects it's often enough to compile a single main file and all of
its dependencies.
We really need a standard, portable way to compile D projects, be it implemented
in the compiler or in some tool everyone uses.
dsss was kind of promising but as you know it's dead.

You may add to bugzilla the features that rdmd needs to acquire.