On Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:33:38 Adrian Mercieca wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Ok - thanks for your answers.
>
> So, I will get TDPL book - all reviewers on amazon are raving about it.
>
> As for the Phobos class library (coz that is the D2 standard lib no?), how
> can I get to grips with that? Does the book cover that? Or does the book
> just cover the core language?
> Is there some online material for Phobos?

TDPL mentions a little about Phobos but specifically avoids it on the whole,
because Phobos is still very much a work in progress, and the intent of TDPL
was
to teach the language, not the library. The online docs for Phobos can be found
here: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/phobos.html

They're really the only way to learn Phobos at this point other than reading
the
source code, which is included in the zip file for the compiler. Overall, the
documentation is fairly good though. The fact that the code can be documented
in
place (similar to javadoc or doxygen) makes it much easier to have good
documentation.

- Jonathan M Davis