Java is an excellent example of many very usable APIs, meaning that it very easy to both read Java code and understand what the functions do and write code that's just as readable *without* RTFM.

This one i don't understand. (seems i fail to understand many things nowadays!). I have read the C++ standard library manuals many times, but still i find myself going back and reading it again occasionally.
Probably like my memory, STL also doesn't have the best of qualities.
But i have to ask, why would you target those that don't RTFM? It seems to me every language mainly targeting this kind of audience.