retard wrote:
The fact that the final specification and design rationale of D is undocumented and in Walter's head means that no other person can sell that kind of deep enterprise support because it's not clear how the language should work.

Oh rubbish. C++ was highly successful in the enterprise for 15 years before it got a formal specification.

The rest of us can only guess. It also means that the more Walter spends time on enterprise support, the less he has time to work on D. The best for D might be to not buy any support at all. All the conferences and events are just distracting D's development.

More nonsense. Supporting users, etc., keeps me current on what the real problems and needs are.

I think the same applies to Phobos 2.. only Andrei knows the design well enough and knows how it's going to change in the future. No matter how much time one spends studying D or the ecosystem or how D is used in the enterprise world, one simply can't obtain any reasonable level of knowledge to become a "certified" authority in this community.

Official "certs" in the software biz are bullsh*t. I've never seen much of any correspondence between certs and competency.

About the enterprise support... I haven't seen any material from Walter targeting professional D developers, only advertisements for people who have never used D. Maybe the hardcore stuff isn't publicly available.

If you mean slick brochures and Tom Hopkins trained pitches, no, that's not what I do. I help people who ask for services.