On Wednesday 02 February 2011 20:48:15 %u wrote:
> When implemented, will uniform call syntax work for the "this"
> object even if not specified?
>
> For example, will foo() get called in the following example?
>
> void foo(A a, int b) {}
>
> class A {
>     void test() {
>         this.foo(10);
>         foo(10);
>     }
> }

I would think so, since I don't think that the this pointer/reference is
treated
in any special way. The only special thing about it as far as I know is that
it's filled in for you in cases where you use member variables or call member
functions without it. However, as UFCS has yet to be implemented, I'm not sure
that we can be quite sure of how it's going to work. There are going to be a
number of related features - such as alias this, opDispatch, and cases where
there's a member function and a free function with the same name - which are
going to have to be able to interact unambiguously, and I don't think that all
of that has been entirely sorted out yet.

- Jonathan M Davis