On 2011-02-03 00:38, Daniel Gibson wrote:
Am 03.02.2011 00:33, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
For a while we've espoused the strategy of keeping std.xml in Phobos until
something better comes along.

But recently we've started to rethink that.

Pretty much everyone who tries std.xml ends up disappointed. Anyone who wants to
bash D has std.xml as an easy pick. Anyone who looks at speed comparisons sees
std.xml there like a sore thumb. Finally, the mere existence of a package, no
matter how inadequate, stifles the initiative of others working on it.

This all makes std.xml a net liability. It's not better than nothing; it's worse
than nothing.

Should we nuke it?

Andrei

You could explicitly deprecate it.

Or just nuke it, if someone still wants to use it (or is already using it) he
can copy the source-file to his project.

Cheers,
- Daniel

I've already done that for the Orange project.

--
/Jacob Carlborg