On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:53:24 -0500, David Nadlinger <s...@klickverbot.at> wrote:

[…] If they were more open and
willing to share code, then building off of what they have and turning it into a range-based solution would likely make a lot of sense, but since that's not the
case, we need to figure it out on our own.

Just like Andrei said, I don't think this issue is worth being discussed over and over again, but I'm curious: Did somebody actually talk to »Tango« resp. the authors of its XML module concerning amendment for Phobos? It's needlessly fueling an »us vs. them« debate in an already small community of developers which drives me crazy…

You are welcome to try.  I don't hold out much hope based on past.

I did not want to fuel a debate on "us vs. them", Phobos and Tango can happily co-exist without crossing paths, I just wanted to respond Tomek to tread carefully based on Tango representatives' prior statements, since he asked. The last thing I want to see again is someone waste effort, nobody likes to do that. With the correct precautions, we don't have to go through this again.

I think Andrei said it best -- we can find other XML libraries to learn from.

-Steve