I would point out, however, that it would be rather silly to include
assertThrown and not assertNotThrown. Good unit tests should test_both_  that a
function succeeds as it's supposed to_and_  that it fails as it's supposed to.
So, I would hope that people vote in favor of assertNotThrown.

I do agree failure cases must be tested (maybe even more) and are very often neglected by programmers in unittests. But in a no-throw case the proper assertion is just a regular assert (at least, in my use of unittests):
        // dunno the syntax
        assertThrown ( 1/0, DivisionByZero );
        assert ( 1/1 == 1 );
If 1/1 throws DivisionByZero, I get all the information I need. Reason for my question mark about including assertNotThrown. When do I need it? What new does it bring?
Sorry, I should have asked/commented earlier on this point (but had too
much...).

Denis
--
vita es estrany