Reply here to vote ONLY for the function assertNotThrown in Jonathan M
Davis's std.unittests. Vote closes on Feb 15.

Sorry, I didn't phrase the part of my previous message concerning assertNotThrown and collectExceptionMsg quite clearly. What I meant is that I personally never felt the need for assertNotThrown and collectExceptionMsg, contrary to assertThrown, which I use pretty regularly. If others find these useful, I don't see any reasons not to include them, though.

Concerning assertNotThrown specifically, I usually just call the function in question – if it throws unexpectedly, the exception makes the unit test fail anyway. This approach obviously doesn't allow you to filter only a single exception type, but I have a hard time trying to imagine where you would really need something like that. Also, you can't specify an extra assert message, but I'd rather like to be able to use named unit test blocks for that (what was the result of the discussion on them again?).

David