On 27/01/2011 18:56, Eric Poggel wrote:
On 1/27/2011 1:32 AM, dwilson wrote:
Beside praying and pestering, what can we D non-experts do to help get
a stable 64-bit dmd available?

Killer D features are strings, slick built in dynamics arrays, no
headers files to keep in sync, and the
other nice features often praised by others. I'm not sure yet that D
is my favorite language, but it's in
the list of top three.

Killing D (at least for me) is the limit choices for compiling on
64-bit Linux with D2 and preferably Phobos
instead of Tango. My setup, for reasons I haven't investigated deeply,
can't run 32-bit anything, and I do
intend to work on huge arrays of data, a few GB in RAM. As for Phobos,
it's obviously more Mars-related
than "Tango" :)

When 64-bit dmd arrives for Windows, what will be used for a linker?
Will optlink be ported also?

I'm curious about this as well. Will it require a new linker? :/

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer