Matthias Walter wrote:
1. Are there any further suggestions on the implementations / Did I
forget something?
Are benchmarks done with "BigInt" and "long" too? (If you test bigints you need
bigger numbers too, and to test that the results are correct).
I'd like to work on the BigInt things but there are a couple of blockers:

1. abs() does not work, because opCmp for BigInts is not pure, yet. IIRC
Don waits / waited for a pure/nothrow bug to be fixed before he'd
continue working on BigInt purity, etc.

2. I don't think the current random number implementation has code to
generate BigInts easily via uniform() method. There was a fixed number
of bits that are used per call.

So I suggest to work on the Extended Euclidean algorithm implementations
and get results for int/long for those. If this is done I'll submit a
pull request with nice code for int+long and code for BigInt that just
works but is not benchmarked. Then we should change the gcd bug to
BigInt-only (or open another one...)

Matthias

There's a (very complicated) O(n log n) algorithm for GCD for large numbers.