On 02/24/2011 07:08 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Implicit conversions to immutable in the following two functions feel harmless.
Has this been discussed before?

string foo()
{
char[] s;
return s; // Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
// (s) of type char[] to string
}

string bar()
{
char[] s;
return s ~ s; // Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
// (s ~ s) of type char[] to string
}

Is there a reason why that's not possible? I am sure there must be other cases
that at least I would find harmless. :)

Ali

I'm all for that. Can hardly how auto conversion in the sense mutable --> immutable could be harmful, but may miss a meaningful point. This would esp be nice for strings, since we regularly need to use char arrays to construct textual content.

Denis
--
vita es estrany