On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:18:58 -0500, Steven Schveighoffer <schvei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:26:22 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:09:45 -0500, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think I glanced over a recent svn commit that fixed this, though I'm
not sure.

No, it hasn't been fixed.

The fix is *really* simple, just have clear call rt_finalize (as Sean
pointed out on the mailing list)

-Steve

Steve, if you could point out what I need to do I'll be glad to do it right now. Better yet, feel free to try your hand at a git commit. It's fun!

*sweats nervously* I don't know, I'd like to read about how git works before doing a commit. I don't really understand it at all, I had the same problem with subversion when I started using it.

The fix is really easy, just change clear to this:

void clear(T)(T obj) if (is(T == class))
{
   rt_finalize(cast(void*)obj);
}

Finally got around to doing this. I have to agree with others, git is freaking cool (and github too). Thanks to Lars for suggesting the Pro Git book, it helped me a lot.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/7

-Steve