bearophile wrote:
Adam Ruppe:

Just accept the few kilobytes of unbearable bloat and use writef,

It's not just template bloat, but also the printing bugs not caught at compile
time.
The point of the first post of this thread was to talk about SAL, that
Microsoft seems to consider very important. I think this part was missed,
focusing only a little part of the whole.

You completely missed the point, I think, bearophile. D is not C.

It is an important C bug. No doubt about that. And it's such a common, hard to diagnose bug that they have put a massive hack into the compiler to detect it. Make no mistake, that's what it is: it's a hack. A really ugly one.

It is not an important D bug. writef doesn't have the problems that printf does. The ugly hack is not justified.