On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:52:43 -0500, Lars T. Kyllingstad <public@kyllingen.nospamnet> wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 10:27:49 -0500, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

very very smart, experienced people sometimes do things without
thinking. If we can do something really small to prevent catastrophic
errors, I think it's worth it.  I think in close to 100% of cases, one
never wants a file with \ or * in it, so the library disallowing it will
not cause any issues.

Wait... are we still discussing the merits of various file systems, or
are we now debating how Phobos should handle weird filenames?

The point of this whole discussion is how should phobos' std.path deal with filenames. I thought that was implied.

-Steve