On 2011-03-09 11:55, spir wrote:
On 2011-03-09 11:11, Trass3r wrote:
How about a GUI library. Probably helping with an already existing one,
DWT for example.

Good idea, but rather improve GtkD or QtD.

Too bad that's the general opinion people seem to have about GUI
libraries. I
don't understand what they don't like about DWT.

I think the advantage of gtk or Qt is people can reinvest previous
knowledge of the framework. (I mean, they are cross-language in addition
to be cross-platform ;-) I would personly prefere a clearly designed
D-specific GUI system than gtk's huge mess. (Dunno about Qt, people seem
to find it far better designed, but recent events...)

Denis

Since DWT is a port of SWT people can reinvest previous knowledge there as well. In fact, that's what I did. I can also add that Java is probably the language that most looks like D, syntactically. You don't have to learn some kind of object oriented wrapper that GtkD possibly uses.

--
/Jacob Carlborg