On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:28:09 -0400, Jens <j...@somewhere.org> wrote:

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:54:13 -0400, Jens <j...@somewhere.org> wrote:

I didn't ask how to do composition in D. I asked why composition
cannot be done via derivation, i.e., the reasoning behind the
language design choice. A design faux paus IMO.

Because composition by inheritance can be *completely* implemented
using alias this -- a feature that also provides other niceties. Why
provide another mechanism to do the exact same thing, just because
you are used to it?

1. I'm not convinced the other functionality is necessary.
2. I eschew ugly syntax.

Beauty is subjective, so I guess I can say at this point, go write your
own language that is beautiful in your mind. Good luck.

Beauty is not that all subjective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PktUzdnBqWI

See my previous post. Which one you find more ugly?