Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I observe that there doesn't appear
to be a package management system / standard repository for D libraries.
Or is there?

I'm talking about something as easy to use as R's CRAN,
> install.packages("rforest")

or cpan for perl, ctan for latex, dpgk/apt for debian, cabal for Haskell/
Hackage, etc.

If there's not a commonly utilized one currently, perhaps we could
"borrow" cabal, with a trivial port.  cabal is Haskell's package manager.

Not only does having a standard package install system facilitate
adoption, it greatly facilitates code sharing and library maturation.