Really, the problem is that someone needs to take the initiative on this. They
need to work on setting it up and supporting the ecosystem which would result in
a group of such projects. Good ideas tend to be presented around here and then
go nowhere, because no one actually takes the initiative to do them. The
"wouldn't this be a good idea?" tactic doesn't tend to get very far, even if
everyone agrees, simply because someone has to put in the time and effort to do
it, and while people may think that it's a good idea, there are only so many
people working on Phobos and other D-related stuff, and there's a lot to be
done,
and everyone has something that they'd like to see done, and _that_ is what
they're generally working on.

Words of the wise.

It's like hearing a woman for the laundry list of stuff she'd like in a man and compare (and contrast) that with the kind of man she does respond to. The "desirable stuff" list is built using a rational response, whereas in reality it's the emotional response that guides decisions. We hackers seem to use a similar process when deciding what to work on :o).

That's in particular why we all know e.g. networking is a necessity, but instead we work on various other stuff. The person who has an emotional positive response for networking code hasn't showed up yet - or just has in the person of Jonas.