On 03/22/2011 04:14 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
On 2011-03-22 05:16:31 -0400, Max Samukha <m...@spam.box> said:

----
module foo_helper;

private extern(C) foo_static_ctor();
static this()
{
foo_static_ctor();
}

-----

module foo;
import foo_helper;

private Object global;
private extern(C) void foo_static_ctor()
{
global = new Object;
}
----

Note that "global" is guaranteed to have been initialized when
accessed from static constructors in modules that import "a".

I don't know why people keep repeating that falacy.

It's not people, only me. It's embarrassing. I deserve to be processed in a bioreactor on a charge of utter incompetency.

Of course, you are absolutely right.

Then why we keep losing last bits of sanity inventing workarounds? The problem obviously has no safe solution in the context of D. People have been asking for a solution for a long time. There is an obvious need for it. So why not just give us that damn pragma?