On 3/24/11 4:46 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
Hi all,

I am putting together a Google Summer of Code project proposal regarding
the Apache Thrift idea (see the ideas page[1]), which I intend to
officially submit as soon as the application period opens. You can find
my first draft at http://klickverbot.at/code/gsoc/thrift/.

While I would love to hear any opinions, two specific questions:

Walter, could you as the organization admin please have a look at this
if it meets your formal expectations (the application template section
of the Digital Mars GSoC profile is still empty)?

Andrei, as you are the one behind the original suggestion, would you
mind having a quick glance at the proposal? Do you have any experience
with Thrift in production use from your work at Facebook?

This is a strong proposal that I will back up. I have shared it inside Facebook and two fellow engineers offered to help with Thrift-related questions you might have.