We now have std.container.RedBlackTree, which can be used as a set, but it is
a tree rather than a hash table.

- Jonathan M Davis

This isn't a very good set. It doesn't even support basic set primitives like intersection, difference, union, etc. Furthermore, most programs will probably want a hash set. A tree set is only better when you don't have a good hash function or worst case performance is more important than average case.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with RedBlackTree. It's a perfectly good data structure to implement a set on top of. It's just that it's not a "real" set type because it's not meant to be.