On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:29:02 -0400, spir <denis.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

Strange, I just tried it on a custom, trivial, collection type --precisely to
verify that it does not work only for the standard SList-- and it worked fine
(dmd 2.051 on ubuntu). But now I cannot reproduce this success anymore! get
the same error as you. Will go on trying and tell you if anything changes.

Anyway, if the feature is still unimplemented, why and how does foreach work
on SList. ???

It may be partially/poorly implemented. I looked at the disassembly, and it is
indeed calling opSlice and the range primitives inside the foreach loop.

There is likely a trigger that the compiler uses to determine if it can do
that, and the trigger is probably incorrectly defined.

I would think (though I'm not a compiler guy) that to fix this should be minor
since the code generation already works in at least one case. Walter?

Yes, i must have hit this trigger button by pure chance on my first attempt (unfortunately, since I was then sure the feature works, i did not keep the code, so i cannot compare).

Denis
--
vita es estrany