On 2011-04-05 15:25, Matthias Pleh wrote:
On 2011-04-05 13:08, Matthias Pleh wrote:
So I think for short or middle term such solution like gtkD, QtD, DWT
are good, but for the long term the D community needs a D GUI library
completly written in D.

Just my thoughts
°Matthias

You do know that DWT is completely written in D? Don't you think we can
create an environment for creating D GUI applications using DWT?

Yes, that would be an option. I have thought several times about that.
But I think, to get really acceptet by a wide range of developers, the
library must be adjusted, to suit better the D coding style. This way we
could get the whole power of D. But this also means that you get more
and more away from the java path and sometime you are not able any more
to merge changes in the java path to D.
So this means, this would really be a fork, not just a port.
(I hope, I have explained it correctly in my broken english, and I hope
it sound not rude :|

°Matthias

I see what you mean and I'm not seeing it as rude. It's hard to find a balance where it's still possible to merge future versions and taking full advantage of D.

--
/Jacob Carlborg