>From what I am seeing, in a D2 program if I have many (tens or more) pure
>functions that call to each other, and I want to add (or activate) a
>printf/writeln inside one (or few) of those functions to debug it, I may need
>to temporarily comment out the "pure" attribute of many functions (because
>printing can't be allowed in pure functions).

As more and more D2 functions become pure in my code and in Phobos, something
like a -disablepure compiler switch (and printf/writeln inside debug{}) may
allow more handy debugging with prints (if the purity is well managed by the
compiler then I think disabling the pure attributes doesn't change the program
output).

Bye,
bearophile