Hello,

Ben Gertzfield, my Facebook coworker, is our 11th mentor for this year's GSoC. Please join me in welcoming Ben.

Although this year we only have three formal mentor slots, I decided to approve Ben for two reasons. First, more mentors means a stronger GSoC presence overall and more competent opinions and ideas on the mentors list, and Ben is definitely one to listen to.

Second, I believe Ben has what it takes to be a great mentor because he knows a lot about a lot, knows how to explain, and enjoys teaching. He has helped me in a variety of situations ranging from fixing my cell phone to debugging my VMWare virtual machine. Ben also added support for the D programming language to Facebook's build system and is overall interested in the evolution of the language.

We haven't decided who the three formal mentors will be for our slots, but I'm sure Ben's participation will add good value to our GSoC presence.