Am 29.04.2011 12:11, schrieb lenochware:
This has been acknowledged. Yes, removing delete in D2 will break
compatibility with existing code. However, I'm sure that at an early
stage, the compiler will probably issue error messages once it
encounters delete statements, for which the fix is quite easy: just
remove them, and recompile. As an unfortunate side effect, a few other
problems might occur, especially for shared objects. But refactoring to
a simpler system, in which the garbage collector is trusted to manage
the heap, should be easy.

Yes, I was speaking generally here about "breaking compatibility" philosophy.
I agree that delete probably will not be such problem - but I would prefer mark
features deprecated
before it will be really removed and write only warning when compiled - in case
it
is possible. (For example some datatype was removed in d2 (bit? - I am not sure)
which is one of error messages which I get when I try compile my project with
incompatible library) People don't have to know what is planned for removing.
Moreover there is not complete list of changes in d2. Or is?

Who said that delete will not be marked deprecated before it's removed?