On 30/04/11 1:22 PM, Mariusz Gliwiński wrote:
I like the possibility of abandoning () in function calls in D, so we
can firstly make attribute public and then if implementation changes,
smoothly change it into function:
<snip>

Although, if I'd like to make interface Sizeable, it's impossible to
treat attribute and method equally:
<snip>

Is it possible to make it work?

Best regards,
Mariusz Gliwiński

No, interface functions require entries in the v-table, so the implementing class needs to have a function.

You could certainly get around it using mixins and metaprogramming, but there's no need for that level of complexity when all you need to do is implement a function that returns a member variable.