It seems you have hit another of those dreaded optlink bugs.

With less symbols, it works if you declare the imports like this (because of the described name mangling):

IMPORTS
        _imported_hread@0 =  kernel33._hread

2 more notes:
- you don't need to import kernel33.di
- you should not use "SINGLE" in the DATA statement of the def file, it will share the memory across processes.

maarten van damme wrote:
Number overflow?
So I implemented the suggested changes (you can check them out at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15024434/version2.zip) But now I get when I compile it : "kernel32.def(738) : Error 12: Number Overflow: (strange symbol over here)"

I do agree I should've picked a simpler example but I think the statisfaction will be even bigger if I were to succeed :p