On 04/05/2011 14:45, Robert Jacques wrote:
On Tue, 03 May 2011 08:20:42 -0400, Bruno Medeiros
<brunodomedeiros+spam@com.gmail> wrote:

On 27/04/2011 22:20, Timon Gehr wrote:
Quiz: What does the following code compute?

import std.stdio;
import core.exception;
void main(){
int a,b;
int[int] aa;
scanf("%d %d",&a,&b);
try{aa[a]=aa[b];printf("Y\n");}catch(RangeError){printf("N\n");}
}

What was your point here? Is there even any way an associative array
throws a RangeError?

An AA throws a range error if the key is not in the AA during an index
operation. Since aa is initialized, aa[b] would be expected to throw a
range error.

Duh me, of course. For a moment I thought that wasn't the case, I ran a snippet to test that and no RangeError was thrown. But it turns out what I had ran was the old version of the code, not the new one that I modified and thought was running.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer