On Mon, 30 May 2011 14:24:10 +0200, David Nadlinger <s...@klickverbot.at> wrote:

First, please note that Jose turned verbose logging on just for IO as well, you might want to have a closer look at his post.

Oh, really? This is cite from his library:

vlog(0)("Verbosity 0 message");
vlog(1)("Verbosity 1 message");

Can you point me where is any logical separation between modules?

Second, your proposal doesn't allow enabling/disabling verbose logging...

My realisation have no any 'verbosity' at all due to helpless.
But yes, to completely remove logging (from binaries) you have to recompile the program. Or you can do it at runtime, just 1 line of code. And look please at second version: http://pastebin.com/fd3UCgjv - it doesn't force you to use version(log) anymore.