Kagamin wrote:
> May be, it's his cgi lib? :)
> Client is free to send requests in any encoding, I suppose.

In practice, that hasn't been a problem because browser tend to
send requests in the same encoding as the html you served.

Since the D always outputs utf8, the browsers all send back utf8
too.

The first problem I had was users can upload csv files, which they
generally make in Excel... which apparently outputs Windows-1252.
Fine for 99% of text, but then someone puts in a curly quote or
an em dash and it throws an invalid utf 8 sequence.

Converting that is easy enough though.

Second problem is now I want to fetch and process random websites
on the internet, and they come in a variety of encodings... again,
utf covers a big majority, but not all of them.