"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisp...@gmx.com> wrote:

So, yes I understood. It's just that as far as I can tell, locales don't
matter if you're completely restricting yourself to ASCII like std.ctype does.

I would not consider it being good idea to include this kind of ascii-only utilities in the standard-ish library. It might be best to rename the module to std.ascii_for_insular_yankees_others_keep_away so that nobody would use it by accident. This way the name would also remind us about the historical terms which were used quarter of a century ago when ascii-only <ctype.h> utilities were first suggested to the intenational C standardization committee.

--
Jouko