http://www.wikiservice.at/d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP11

Destroy.

I keep thinking that if we build a separate dget, dmd could call it even if there weren't a URL embedded in the source. If dget had a list of central repositories then it could simply look in them for the package/module and compilation would magically work with or without a pragma.

In any case I suspect that a more formal versioning system is needed. One way of supporting versions would be to make dget aware of source control systems like svn, mercurial and git which support tags.

The pragma could support source control URLs, and could also include an optional version. dget could be aware of common source control clients, and could try calling them if installed, looking for the code tagged with the provided version. If no version were specified then head/master would be used.