Found following a link chain from Reddit. A list of results of applying the
Clang (LLVM) static analyser on large/medium C/C++ projects. The output is nice
HTML with nice annotations and tool tips:

http://lbalbalba.freezoka.net/ccc-analyzer/

Some of the bugs (some of them are not real bugs) found in GCC 4.5.3:
Dereference of null pointer     309
Dead assignment 156
Idempotent operation    69
Dead initialization     35
Result of operation is garbage or undefined     14

One of the comments I have read about similar tools:
>The thing of it is, that you always end up with 100% false positives because
>people fix the real bugs and mess up your statistics.<

Bye,
bearophile