On 6/30/2011 7:05 AM, KennyTM~ wrote:
Right. I agree this is one disadvantage in authoring the document. Although, in
terms of readability, this is much better than

$(TABLE
$(TR
$(TH Header)
$(TH Header2)
)
$(TR
$(TD Body1)
)
)

I've actually been using different macros for that now, and it looks like:

$(TABLE
$(TH2 Header, Header2)
$(TR2 Body1, Body2)
)

which works and looks reasonable. In fact, I'll often just write it as:

$(TABLE
Header, Header2
Body1, Body2
)

and use a trivial microemacs macro to fill in the rest. Handy when you've got 50 lines or so to do.

Next, look at:

http://sphinx.pocoo.org/rest.html#sections

•# with overline, for parts
•* with overline, for chapters
•=, for sections
•-, for subsections
•^, for subsubsections
•", for paragraphs

I challenge anyone to remember this table. Heck, I can't even remember
the C operator precedence table 100%.

That's incorrect. Please read the paragraph above it.

Ok, my bad.

http://sphinx.pocoo.org/rest.html#external-links

.. _a link: http://example.com/

is that really better than:

$(LINK2 http://example.com/, a link)

?

Some people may think it is, I don't, but you could write it as

`a link <http://example.com/>`_

I find the back ticks and _ parts of the syntax wacky and underwhelming. Back ticks are used for D raw string literals, and I now think that was a mistake.