On 30.06.2011 23:39, bearophile wrote:
Jonathan M Davis:

Actually, I find the backticks to be by far the most pleasant way to get raw
strings in D.

I don't have backticks on my keyboard, so I use them only when they are needed.
They have even removed the backticks in the Python2 ->  Python3 transition
partially because of this (and partially because there is a more obvious way to do
it in Python, and Python tries to keep only one obvious way to do things).

Bye,
bearophile

Yeah, I hate backticks too.. I have to press Shift+` followed by space. But often space won't work as the text editor understands that space cannot be accented or something. So I often press ` twice and backspace to delete the last one. This gives me 4 key presses just for a single character... Wee...