On 7/4/2011 1:50 AM, Johann MacDonagh wrote:
On 7/3/2011 10:11 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
What do you all think? $0? $4.99? $9.99?

What about skipping Amazon and putting it up on d-programming-language.org and
ask for donations? I think Paypal will handle the processing for you for free if
you show you're not doing it for profit.

People at the airport press a "free gift" on me, and then harangue me for a donation. I think that's the wrong image for D. People shouldn't be made to feel guilty about using D and not making a donation. I know it would turn me off, at least.

If you set a price we'd have to go through each page and clean them up / update
some for D2, etc... Donations make it nice because you can release newer
versions and donaters can update their copy without paying again.

The idea is to generate the ebook automatically from the web sources.