On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:44:23 +0100, Piotr Szturmaj <bncr...@jadamspam.pl> wrote:

Regan Heath wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:14:10 +0100, Jonathan M Davis
<jmdavisp...@gmx.com> wrote:
I did have to create a 64-bit version for std.datetime, so it has a
private
function called endianSwap64 to do the job. So, it's not like I'm
saying that
the situation couldn't be improved, but druntime and Phobos do
currently give
you the exact same thing that C and C++ do.

The crypto library I have been meaning to polish up and submit for
inclusion into phobos needs these functions in several variants. I was
hoping they could/would be included somewhere more 'general' at some
stage, and any duplicates like those already mentioned removed..

Interesting. Yesterday, I wrote SHA256 implementation and I wanted to add other SHA variants as well. I also thought about adding other algorithms like encryption, HMAC, PBKDF2 and submitting it into phobos too.

Did you publish your library on some website? I'm interested in how the API looks :)

Also, what algorithms have you implemented?

My code was integrated into .. <quiet voice>Tango</quiet voice> by one of that team, because at the time it was impossible to add things to phobos.

You can see it here:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/current/
(tango.util.digest etc)

I implemented all of those except for Whirlpool. I still have the originals, which I started to tidy for inclusion into phobos .. at least that was the plan, I don't have a lot of spare time for this soft of thing unfortunately.