On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 02:35:02 +0200, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

> Lars, is normalize basically that feature request (toNativePath) I asked
> for? It does seem to do more than that though.

Oops, sorry.  Because your feature request came in on a different channel
than the others (my GitHub inbox), I completely forgot about it.

normalize() is different -- it changes '/' to '\' on Windows, but it
doesn't do anything with '\' on POSIX, since the backslash is a perfectly
valid filename character on that platform.

Basically, Andrej has requested I add a toNativePath function which
replaces all occurrences of '/' in a string with '\' on Windows, and vice
versa on POSIX.  Thinking some more about it, I personally don't think
I'll find this very useful, but I am interested in hearing others'
opinions.

Does anyone else think toNativePath should be included?

-Lars