On 19/07/2011 21:21, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
This has been hanging in the back of my mind and it's about dang time I
bring it up:

The main reason we've been discussing the creation of a D package manager is
because existing package managers are highly OS-specific. So what about
0install?:

http://0install.net/

I haven't actually used it yet, but 0install has already gone through great
pains to try to be cross-platform, distributed, safe, and overall
well-designed. And it already exists. So maybe we're needlessly re-inventing
the wheel here?

Would it make sense to just use 0install as D's standard package management
tool? If not, would it be best to just adapt it to our needs?

I don't know if it's changed, but about a year or so ago I tried using something that required 0install... It didn't end well at all, I seem to recall I had to re-image my system eventually after a few hours of trying to get it working :/

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/