On 2011-08-01 04:38, Johann MacDonagh wrote:
I can tell you right now that he wants a generic, template-based lexer /
parser generator rather than a hand-written solution. He doesn't like
the idea
of the hand-written solution. And I definitely think that we should
have a
template-based lexer / parser generator. The question is whether it's
also
worth having a hand-written port of the dmd front-end's lexer and
parser to
Phobos so that we can have on official lexer and parser in Phobos
which parse D
the same way that the compiler does.

- Jonathan M Davis

I see. In that case, my hybrid solution doesn't solve either problem ;)

I'll keep my code in that branch and start on something new.

I think you should continue on your lexer, we need a hand-written lexer/parser in Phobos, preferably a port of the DMD front end.

--
/Jacob Carlborg