Am 02.08.2011, 17:38 Uhr, schrieb so <s...@so.so>:

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:10:29 +0300, bearophile <bearophileh...@lycos.com> wrote:

- I'd also like a std.image module to load and save images in png, gif, jpeg, ppm, bmp. This is a very common need, even more common than a GUI toolkit, and there are far less ways to load a PNG than to create the API of a GUI toolkit.

Wrapper over http://nothings.org/stb_image.c and no license issue.
Sean Barrett wouldn't mind Boost i think.
Though i am not sure it serves the general needs.

Are you serious?! :
"   QUICK NOTES:
      Primarily of interest to game developers and other people who can
          avoid problematic images and only need the trivial interface

      JPEG baseline (no JPEG progressive)
      PNG 8-bit only
      [...]
"

I don't mind missing support for exotic varieties like um... RGB JPEG, but I think this file lacks too much support to be 'standard'. It fits well for what is described in the notes though.