On 2011-08-15 22:06, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/15/2011 12:19 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
Can't we always automatically return the last expression, even if it
ends with a
semicolon?

It interferes with auto return typing (such as void returns).

You mean that instead of void it would return something? I'm working quite a lot in Ruby, which automatically returns the last expression in all methods and lambdas. I'm certain I'm implicitly returning a lot of values that I don't know about and in D these functions would be declared "void". I have no problem in Ruby with this, it's working great.

--
/Jacob Carlborg