On 2011-08-17 22:00, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I suggest that you read the thread that Lars linked to. That type of syntax
got shot down essentially for being too easy to confuse .. with ... making it
hard to read and easy to screw-up. Regardless, the whole issue got discussed
ad naseum there, and the situation definitely isn't going to change for D2, so
there really isn't much point in arguing the pros and cons at this point.
Maybe there will be something similar in D3 if someone can find an
appropriately clear syntax for it, but I'd be very surprised if any such thing
happened in D2.

- Jonathan M Davis

BTW, I think it would be more useful to have a built-in type for ranges then syntax for both inclusive and exclusive end.

--
/Jacob Carlborg