On 18/08/2011 13:19, Bernard Helyer wrote:
<snip>
I'm talking about the unambiguous cases, the ones where a basic block has
no parents (i.e. there is no way to enter that code block).

So essentially you're looking to catch cases where, if you consider the function as a flow chart, there is no chain of arrows from the start of the function to the statement in question. That should be straightforward. But you're not worrying about catching cases where some arrow would never be followed. Have I got that right?

<snip>
No, only if statements followed the assert(0) (which marks the control
flow block as terminated, just like return).

Not sure whether it should be allowed to be used e.g. to prevent execution of code that is under construction.

Stewart.